Author Topic: 2017 Events  (Read 56 times)

Offline Nick Rainsley -

• LOA Member - East
  • LOA East-The first to see the dawn of each new day
2017 Events
« on: Tue 03/Jan/2017 10:16 GMT »
Until the 2017 calendar appears, here are the 2017 dates

L O A East

c/o Nigel King (Capt.), ‘Killick’, Cliff Road, Waldringfield, Suffolk, IP12 4QL

CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR NEWSLETTER

I hope you are enjoying the Festive Season. Judging by some Facebook entries, good food and booze interspersed with some lovely looking walks seem to be the order of the day ……… enjoy.
My intention to get this Newsletter to you before Christmas Day has clearly all gone wrong and I suppose I should have known better than to have said this is what I intended to do, knowing all that had to be done here at home getting ready for the onslaught of the family. Now I am even later because my computer won’t let me send Group emails !!
There is now an event list for the 2017 season and I show below what is planned so far so don’t say “I didn’t know what was going on” !. I say ‘so far’ deliberately because there will be four events at which there is a friendly ‘ 3 line whip’ for you to attend !  These dates will appear on the LOA website. Other dates however will be more optional and can be found in due course in the LOA East Facebook Group, ‘Leggies’.  The idea being that there will be other ‘official’ events organised for you (see diary below) - but then during the season you, the members, are invited to ask fellow ‘Leggies' to join them with whatever you are up to. For example, if I decide to go to Southwold on the first weekend of July, I shall say so in the ‘Leggies' Group and ask for anyone else to join us and to get into contact. I shall also be monitoring ‘Leggies' and sending emails around to advise who is doing what in case you have no interest in Facebook !!
It has been decided to have a “Get in the Mood’ Saturday Dinner and B&B in February - not a ‘3 line whip’ but obviously we would like as many as possible to attend. Robert Fisher is actually coordinating the weekend so please do look out for his circular in ‘Leggies’ and on email. I must record thanks to Paul Edwards for his help in choosing the restaurant and hotel, also to Paul Valentine for other ideas.
That’s all for now, there will be more during the season, but if you have any comments etc etc please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Wishes for 2017 and here’s to a great sailing season ……..

Nigel
Scheduled Events Diary 2017

February 18/19   ‘Get in the Mood’ Dinner, B&B   Southend            Robert Fisher
April 29 - May 1   ‘Blow Away the Cobwebs’      Woodbridge / Ramsholt      Nigel King
May 27 - June 1   South Meets East         London, St Katherine’s      Neil Yule
June 24      Black Tie Dinner         Horse Sand, Felixstowe Ferry   Robert Lomax
July 29 - Aug 13   Brexit Tour to Holland      Holland !!            Peter Hurwood
August 26 - 28   ‘Blackwater Bounty’         Bradwell based         Graham Young
October 14      Laying Up Supper         Shotley            Neil Yule and
                                       Nick Rainsley